September 26, 200521 yr comment_67307 Couldn't pass this picture from the latest MACNA. Deltec starfire (17mm) tank. Paint job by Porsche of course. I have no idea how much. I guess it's a case of if you have to ask, you can't afford it. :lol: Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67313 Argghhh, how did you know I was going to ask "how much"? Okay then, can you give us a link to where we can read up on it? Looks FaaaaaaanTaaaastic!!!!!! Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67314 Nice tanks but pricey, still have not sold any yet. A fully set up 4ft tank is about $12000. so the one in the photo will be heaps more. Report
September 26, 200521 yr Author comment_67315 Might want to keep track of this thread: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... genumber=1 The tank is for Atlantis Aquarium, a LFS in California. http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/ Layton Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67321 Argghhhh. For a minute I was seeing $1200 and thinking YES. Then I thought you must have accidently added one zero too many. Then it dawned on me - I am not getting one of these tanks. Twelve thousand dollars for the four foot version? Would love to see photos of one if it ever gets set up in NZ- surely someone out there (here!) is getting one. Actually, dont get just one, get two. Hell, get four. 8) Report
September 26, 200521 yr Author comment_67324 I love the coral prices of atlantis aquarium . I like their world famous red mille: Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67382 Might be wrong, but I'm sure that tank sold for $60 000.00 (US). I'm just trying to decide on a colour..... LOL - I wish !!! Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67417 I love the coral prices of atlantis aquarium . US$120.00 for pink milli? Yikes! Sometimes I love New Zealand! Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67434 US$120.00 for pink milli? Yikes! Sometimes I love New Zealand! You also have to remember salaries over there. It isn't a direct comparison of US to NZ dollar, e.g. I would be earning over twice what I do here if I lived in Los Angeles (direct comparison, i.e. without exchange rate or in real purchasing power terms either)!! So, yes from at least my prospective it is pretty cheap if you live in CA (or anywhere in the US for that matter). Not exactly cheap if you wanted to bring it over here at those prices. I recently paid $140 each for a couple brown stags! Report
September 26, 200521 yr comment_67435 heck if you can find me a nice sized pink milli wasp let me know Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.