the starting of my tank

slappers

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on my loop pumps it says Hose connection (suction side) Ø17mm (3/4") and Hose connection (pressure side) Ø13mm (1/2") so do i have to put in one bulkhead 3/4 and one bulkhead 1/2 or just put two bulkheads of 3/4 in would this be ok 20m pressure pipe

on my loop pumps it says Hose connection (suction side) Ø17mm (3/4") and Hose connection (pressure side) Ø13mm (1/2") so do i have to put in one bulkhead 3/4 and one bulkhead 1/2 or just put two bulkheads of 3/4 in would this be ok 20m pressure pipe

17mm is actually 20mm or 3/4" (17mm is inside diameter of pipe) and 13mm is actually 15mm or 1/2" (again - 13mm is inside diameter of pipe)

Put "water out" bulkhead at 1" (25mm) and put "water in" bulkhead at either 3/4" (20mm) or 1" (25mm) Enlarge the holes directly from the pump (so the plumbing to each bulkhead is the same size as the bulkhead itself) Later on, if you want more water movement (ie: upgrade to a larger pump) you can do so without needing to replace plumbing or bulkheads. Main rule of thumb to stick to is never restrict the size smaller than the outlets of the pump. Also too large a pipe on the pressure side will reduce effectiveness of the pump (sucking harder than its pumping out) As a guesstimate you could go up to 1/2" larger than the pressure side hole before losing any form of velocity (and thus effectiveness) back into the tank.

Put "water out" bulkhead at 1" (25mm) and put "water in" bulkhead at either 3/4"

Carefull.

Water going IN to the pump (OUT of the tank) should be larger (eg. 25mm +) water going OUT of the pump (IN to the tank) should be smaller (eg. 20mm).

Pie

did look at the dewalt i just didnt like the handles they came straight out of the back of the drill where the makitias drop(if you know what i mean)

the dewalts are a nice drill but i am a makitia man(but the dewalts do put up a good fight to stay up with the makitias) :D