Female Rams...

DubbieBoy

Hi y'all,

I'd love to get my beautiful blue rams to spawn, my angels lay rings around themselves constantly so I figure conditions must be close.

(I think) I just haven't been able to procure any females; just showy males who are happy to spar off each other and show off their colours belligerently.

Is there a general dearth of girl rams in those that come through the lfs?

Are there any south island breeders out there who could supply me with a couple of ram-inas?

Aren't these just the most beautiful of fish???

- Dubb in Dunedin.

This is a little interesting.

the same thing can happen to a couple of my killifish species I breed, the reason is temp.

low 20's only males, high 20's only females.

What temp are you breeding your rams at ?

I've heard that 30C is the best temp to breed them.

Although I have breed Rams at 26C.( :( I no longer keep Rams )

Sorry Dubb, I don't think there the MOST beautiful fish, but they are little beauties :D

Well who'da thunk it...

A trip to the LFS over the weekend and I picked up four Rams - three of them have distinctly pink bellies and short dorsal fin rays and the boys, well they took an immediate interest so I'm almost certain I've got three girls. yay :D They're pretty small still, will have to fatten 'em up some.

With many thanks to casserole and MRSKZ for their interest in helping me try and introduce some female rams to the south.

- Dubb.