Pics Wok wanted .. Reposted...

klaymann

Yip, I have 56k modem, and yip it took a while. Not that I mind AT ALL - well worth waiting a shile for pics like that to load.

My comment of using more web space however, was sincere. Your tanks look nice enough to take some seriously detailed photos, and chuck em on the web somewhere - am assuming there is not enough space in here or other normal 'free album' sites. Perhaps this website could be an advert of sorts and generate interest (and work)?.

Am guessing I wont be asking you if you have any cheap 'bubbling oysters', 'no fishing signs', or sunken divers ceramic display thingies.

I also like the 'natural' look, am still trying to improve my biotype ideas - kinda hard though when I have mostly community type tanks. :o

Only tank I have with 'nonsense' things in it, is in my sons room. He has some sunken ships in it - but the fish actually enjoy the hiding spaces.....and it "is" my sons tank. Still, I cant help but think 'thats not right' everytime I see it.

Oh well, enuff ramblings for today. Again, nice tanks dude!

I'm one of those people Klay...I could only dream of tanks like the ones I've seen here. Not much to pick from around here to put in tanks and for someone like me who cannot afford some of the things I see here...I'm stuck with the plastic and the bubble thingies. But, considering its the best I can do...I am happy to have what I have...with that said...when I win the lotto...I'm flying you all over here to help me create some of the awesome tanks I've seen here :P:P

Now...important...HOW DO I WIN THE LOTTERY?????

2 problems there...money, the only reason I got fish yesterday was because they were bought for me...and, the only place that around here that I've seen plants (don't know what kind) was at the pet store...and the last time I was out there...the tanks were so dirty you could hardly see the fish!

Hi Caper,

Would you like me to point the way to some local (Canadian, at least) fish rooms for you? We love having you here and the only reason I suggest it is so you can make local fishy friends and get help finding plants and fish and such like we do from each other. If the other person is anywhere in Canada they can send you cuttings and such quickly and inexpensively. Something many of us would love to do for you if we could expect them to live and not cost an arm and a leg to get there!

blue

Not that I am aware! But I'm still not ready to try my hand at plants, but at least I can now say maybe someday...where as before it was always NEVER!

Thanks :P ...I would hate not being able to come here :( We are on different sides of the world...but friendship knows no boundaries!

Hi,

i saw you mention in the very first post (i'm a little slow here) that you had a brackish tank with a bristle nose?? How did it do in this environment and what was the salinity?? I have a puffer tank and have never heard of being able to have any kind of catfish.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Caper

Joining another forum online wouldn't mean you had to leave here, it would just mean you found even more friends :):)

And we don't want you to leave, as Bill says, you are part of the family. As soon as you are ready to try plants I'd suggest you take up Blue's offer.

Cheers

Jude

Hi,

i saw you mention in the very first post (i'm a little slow here) that you had a brackish tank with a bristle nose?? How did it do in this environment and what was the salinity?? I have a puffer tank and have never heard of being able to have any kind of catfish.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :)

most puffers( leopard/figure 8 & the morphs , red eye , don't even look at armoured catfish .. esp bristlenose so shouldn't have prob keeping the 2 together .. just give each sp a selection of hiding/retreat places ...i.e .. lots of wood , rockwork plants in the tank.

A tank I had a few years ago had 3 spotted/leopard puffers about 2.5 " and half doz bristlenose half the size and no probs at all ... think the 8" archer kept the puffers from doin' "nasty" things 8)

2 problems there...money, the only reason I got fish yesterday was because they were bought for me...and, the only place that around here that I've seen plants (don't know what kind) was at the pet store...and the last time I was out there...the tanks were so dirty you could hardly see the fish!

How much is Ambulia or Polysperma over there ?? :o

Thanks for the info Klayman. I would imagine an 8" archer could keep anything in line!!

What was the salinety of that tank? and how did you acclimitise the bristlenoses?

thanks

-scherazade

That tank had an average of 2/3 teaspoon per gallon .. so chould keep plants .. but was only an average as with each water change just mixed by hand/taste for salinity .. bracks need variation in salt being estuary based.... the BN just need about 1 hr in the bag slowly mixing in ... very hardy pleco these guys.... 8)