help me help butt

monaro1

my red devil (butt) flipped out about 1 week ago,he charged around his tank destroying everything himself included. he hit one of his rocks and took a piece out of his head.have been putting melafix in. it is getting better slowly. he is not as active as he is normly.do fish get brain damage.he is acting very strange.he sits in the top corner of the tank with his tail sticking out of the water and splashing.in the wild he would not be around long if he did this.he dose not want to eat,he is living with 3 neons, i put them in to see if it would make him feel better(live food) i know it is not nice but large red devil vs 3 neons,sorry neon,thay are still alive,all 3

he has turned into lenny off sharks tail (a vege)

never had a fish act like this befour

:hail::hail::hail:

MANY MANY MANY THANKS NOW FOR ANY HELP GIVEN :bow:

hi dude,

what was your ph etc doing at time of skitzo attack. i have seen fish do this when certain things ie. nitrates and ammonia come to a high,spike.

hopefully your fishie dude will be alright, i had a hap moori do this years ago hit his head so hard on lid he died 3 day's later.cause was a little kid banging on glass.

cheers

shelley

hi mystic,

you are right,sad as story,so now for possitive one. your fish is probably just sulking dude, and time will fix him.

i would still check water though as fish don't do that unless chased or something is not quite right with water etc.

cheers dude.

shelley