Hello from Welly

Juse

Hi everyone,

It's cool to have finally found a site where people know what they are talking about!! I am very new to the fish scene.

have had my tank set-up for probably about 3 months, and in it, one red siamese fighter (male), 5 cardinal tetras and 4 harlequin rasboras.

Just thought that I would say hi, and introduce myself.

Hi Juse and welcome. Don't forget everyone has differing opinions so what you read is not always necessarily 'correct' and some 'know' more than others :lol: . This site is for hobbyists to share experiences and information.

Thought of joining a fish club? Kapi-Mana are very popular at the moment :wink:

This site is run by the FNZAS (Federation of NZ Aquatic Societies) which is made up of clubs nationwide. I know of only 2 clubs who do not belong. This is why we always suggest joining a club :lol:

We have a chat room here too and you can usually find someone to talk to around 8.30 - 9pm onwards for an hour or 2. Sometimes we even talk about fish! :lol:

Sup Juse, welcome to the fish room. KMAC is a local Welly club with a meet in Tawa last Wed of every month. All good people and lots of good deals on equipment and fish (people doing clean-outs and breeding). Currently the club has the following fish breeding (off the top of my head):

Congo Tetras

Guppies

Rainbow fish

Dwarf Honey Gouramis

Swordtails

Platties

LOTS of different cichlids (electric yellows and torpedoes, etc)

Blue Rams

and the list goes on and on.

Basically, by joining the club you'll get a chance to buy young fish at great prices as they get ready for sale, as well as getting a 10% discount on fish and equipment at Hutt Pets and other fine FNZAS affiliated establishments. Not to mention the 100+ years of experience between the members to help you do pretty much whatever you want with aquaria.

Welcome and look forward to meeting you!

LOL Juze, we don't know all that much either. Just enough to know we have a lot to learn ;) The forums and the club help out a lot, specially when you get a sick fish. You'll soon find out that vets hardly ever know much about caring for fish and the advice on forums and the internet (and the local clubbers) are the best resource to turn to.

Don't be shy or scared off by people with tons of tanks, we're all people and some are just a little more serious with the hobby (20+ tanks) than others but you'll soon find out that when you start getting baby fish another tank is needed and then another. Keeping fish is one thing, but it's hard to keep them from having kids when they're happy!

People here are all very friendly

Hi!

This is sooooooooooooooooo true...I'd be lost without them...they are wonderful!

Mystic & Ballistic's offer to you...gives you an indication what the folks here are like...HUGE HEARTED!

fish dont ALWAYS do as they are supposed to

Kinda like kids don't you think Mystic:lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Juse :lol:

there is another club in Wellington. Wellington Aquarium and Water Garden Society. They meet every month, third Wednesday.

Would be delighted to see you at a meeting.

Starts 8.00 Union Church Hall Lounge, Cnr of Kenya Street and Crofton Road.

The club was established in 1933 and looking forward to celebrating 75 years.

Quite a few of the members at Kapi Mana are also members here.

Would love to see you at any of our meetings.

Sue

President