New Maf thing

Brianemone

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only partially to do with transferring species to NZ waterways, but mostly to do with the Bio hazard to humans.

The requirements we've had set for us are already law (decided by politicians). Whether the law is actually a good one or not is unfortunately irrelavent. It's been passed and isn't likely to be changed as 'Egg-on-face' is pretty hard for some to wipe off...

We've only got until the 15th of November to complete the list. Please snap them photo's and get them on the official form to Reef or me.

Cheers!

I think we should introduce the " nad test" to MAF .. get the maf officers to dunk them in the local waters to see how they like it! ... if any trop species can handle it more than the MAF officers then they deserve to be here :lol: .. because with global warming .. in 5-10 years they will be here anyway ... look at the bay of islands , frog fish and coral banded shrimps are already there , plus had word from long term diver that a lionfish was at the poor knights .... so it's only a matter of time... tik tik tik tik tik tik tik tik tik .................

Can you please point me in the direction of what act the the new rules come under?

What aspect has made them concerned with bioharzards to humans?

I understand this is waste of time reef, however I might just learn something. :D

What better way to learn never attempting to change the world than by trial and failure? Perhaps it could inspire my new book- The Insignificance Of One.

It is only partially to do with transferring species to NZ waterways, but mostly to do with the Bio hazard to humans.

You can import knifes, guns, drugs, sharp sticks, cigaretts and alcahol. A few corals in the hands of the pet industry seems silly.

The thing that I find really silly is that 'soft coral A is allowd, but soft coral B isn't' No explination as to why, just isn't. Live rock isn't allowed in, but corals attached to live rock is (in that MAF inspects all the shipments that come in and much see the rock, but don't care).

Bah, business as usual I guess.

Pie

It's just that the bureaucratic boiler has decided it needs another log. There is no way they will give up on it as they have the power and the closest thing bureuroctats have to a life is the opportunity to use their power to push the remaining 1/3 of the population around.

Steve

please email me if you have any of these items on

[email protected]

Heliofungia actiniformis

Herpolitha limax

Blastomussa

Blastomussa loyae

Blastomussa merleti

Blastomussa wellsi

Nemenzophyllia turbida

Scolymia australis

Scolymia cubensis

Scolymia lacera

Scolymia vitiensis

Scolymia wellsi

Millepora

Millepora Dichotoma

Millepora Playphylla

WELLSOHPHYLLIA RADIATA

HELIOPORA COERULEA

ricordea yuma

ricordea florida

amplexidiscus fenestrafer

discosoma spp

rhodactis cf.inchoata

rhodactis cf.indonsinensis

rhodactis cf.mussoides

Klyxum aasp (Alcyonium sp)

Discosoma cardinalis

Discosoma coeruleus

Discosoma marmoratus

Discosoma mutabilis

Paralemnalia aasp

DENDROPHYLLIA FISTULA /SUN POLYPS (L)

LEMNALIA

ANTHELIA

ALCYONIUM PALMATUS

CLAVULARIA VIRIDIS

SOLENOPADIUM

Lemnalia

Discosoma malaccensis (common)

Discosoma striatus (stripe)

Discosoma marmoratus (marmer)

Discosoma ferrugatus (red)

Discosoma punctatus (spotted)

Discosoma coeruleus (blue)

Discosoma coeruleo-striatus

Discosoma plumosa

Rhodactis cf. Indosinensis

Discosoma hairy (green)

Discosoma sp. (hairy)

Metarhodactis sp. (tong)

Metarhodactis sp. (green)

Amplexid. fenestrafer pro/ear

Ricordea florida

Ricordia sp. (Indonesia)

Ricordia sp. (Indonesia green

hermit crab

blue linkia star fish

gorgonia

turbo snails

Nassirius Snail

SPIROGRAPHIS SPALLANZANII/WHITE FEATHER DUSTER

I need these photos to get them added to the list.

Steve Wood go and do something instead of pissing me off, i am spending hours to get things added and as usual you do nothing. Actually what have you ever done for the hobby, let me quess, NOTHING.

Will also need some fish photos soon, like flame hawkfish. pseudochromis,