Betta Barracks

Anthony

Yep,

I have one that holds ten with circulation flowing through all of them,

then returning to a undergravel filter system,

then returned to the barracks by an airlift.

The whole thing works well, and I made it myself from an idea that I got from PFK mag years ago.

I made it with 6mm glass that I'm glad I used as it at least can take most knocks.

Alan 104

4 years ago I saw a large tank with at least 50 ass colours of adult male betta , they came screaming to the front of the tank as you walked up to it 8)

BUT I am coming to the opinion that males develop there finage faster/ younger if keep by them selves , food for thought ?

• 3 months later...

The males do develop better finnage if kept seperate but able to show to each other. I used to keep them in a set up I made which was like a tank within a tank. Inner tank was divided into squares 50mm x 50mm with stainless steel mesh on the bottom and it sat inside another tank 24" x 24". To do a water change you just lifted it up and let it go. Straps on the top kept it suspended. Each fish was surrounded by other males and spent all day showing. No pics---sold it.