HELP! PARADISE FISH DEAD

stu_nzl

Only lasted 2 weeks, had purchased two paradise fish from animates which were in with the goldfish and were brought up in an unheated tank. put them in my tank (90L) with 4 other goldfish and all was well until the last few days!! Both of the fish had developed a white fine furry growth over all over there bodies. The fish were floating upside down and really uncoordinated and a day or so later have both died. I have tried to research into diseases but could not find what it could be. The other goldfish in the tank seem fine. I change 25% of the water weekly and am running two large carbon/wool filters. Any help would be much appreciated as i want to get more of these fish as they are a good contrast to the goldfish

i was told that they would be fine in an unheated tank and when researched on the net they can live in 16-32 degrees. yes it did look fungal and i would say that it lead to there death as there were fine until i noticed this disease and the next day they were dead :(

they were both the same colour ( whitish with blue stripes kinda ) they were both the same size about 2 1/2 inches. not sure if they were male or female and the tank was about 16-17 degrees

They are cold water fish. I think though, if they had survived, you would have had to separate them from the goldfish as they get aggressive.

Fine white furry growth is often a sign of infection - often secondary, meaning it was a result of something else wrong.

Have you tested the water for pH, ammonia, nitrates and nitrites? Often, if fish are living in less than optimum conditions they adapt but any new fish quickly succumb to the poor water quality. I would not have added more fish to the tank.