Mossie larva

GeeTee

I collect it in containers outside in my yard, or stock troughs. If the water is good enough for the animals to drink it should be good enough for the fish!

yeah that makes sense

just leave some containers out to collect rainwater, and it'll become stagnant and the mossies will do their thing.

wouldnt they turn into mozzies in a few days? lol

...and then the fun really starts :lol:

I'd leave the ones in the drain though... they may be just a little bit too risky. Mush better to just "harvest" some from a $10 plastic tub filled with some water at the end of your garden/section/porch.... :)

net them out of the collection bucket and emerse them in rain water filled bucket .. using tap water decreases the survival rate .. place mesh over bucket if you don't like the high pitched buzzing at night and collect the food as you please ... just remember to push mesh into bucket to submerge hatched mozzies first ... wha aaah aahhh ! 8)

I used to have a fav seasonal collection patch for mozzies.

It was an effluent drain from a cowshed (it has since been demolished)that flowed to the edge of the property to a drain at the side of the road.

The mozzies were so thick there, they had to queue up for breathing space.

It was no sweat to get a cupful in a very, very short time.

I was rather peeved when the farm was sold and the cowshed demolished.

The only problem, if you could call it that, was my fish really conditioned out well on them.

So I'd say rinse them off and feed them.

Alan 104