Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mystery Snails.

Featured Replies

Wasnt sure if this was the right forum to post this, but here goes nothing.

I recently bought a few of these critters to keep my tank clean, 3 days later - low and behold - I am blessed with 4 walking rocks (at first glance) later to be recognised as Baby Snails :):D

I am only able to find 2 of these at the moment, and i am assuming that one of my larger fish has helped themself to some free food.

Should i put these snails somewhere (ie net) to keep them from the fish? or am I blaming the poor fish for something they didnt do?

Regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

I guess you could take out the babies if you want to breed the snails, but if the fish are enjoying them why bother? They're a delicacy.

Personally I feel being overrun with snails (it doesnt take long) is one of the most ANNOYING things.

LS

  • Author

Hmm, well if they choose to keep breeding, i guess i could let the fish finish them off,

Then again, i could always do with a few snails...They seem to be growing rapidly, and look to be to big for a fish to fit in their Gob.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi Jack,

Well, depends on if you want a ton of snails. The typical Animates "Mystery Snails" are a brown version of the golden apple snail (I suppose mystery sounds better than "brown apple snail") as far as I can tell. You'll find that they breed rapidly and soon you'll be trying get rid of them whether your fishies eat a few or not :)

Also, baby snails are very good at hiding, so just look around your gravel and you might still find them in your tank!

wow , curious that you had babies straight away , as far as i know mystery snails lay eggs (which take awhile to hatch) above the waterline , usually where you don't want them to , like the lid/tank area so you cant remove lid :-? but good on ya !! ..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.