-Ammonia 0

-25 -50% Waterchange every 2 weeks [weekley over last month due to algae]

-2x 6800K 30W [10hr per day]

-1x 1400K 30W [10 hr per day]

-Nutrafin CO2 System

-Via Aqua 230 filter

-Airpump with 2 Airstones and one Aircurtain

-feeding fish every 2 days

Over the past 4-6 weeks the glass of the tank has been covered in green alge, whenever I clean the glass with a magnet or do a waterchange, it apears within 36-48 hours. I use 20ml of Flourish Exel every other day and also used Algae Cleaner [science Products] after the last waterchange. I thought the tank may got to much sunlight during the day, so I have closed the blinds for the past week every day, but it did not seem to make a difference.

Can anybody tell me what to do to get rid of this problem?

Thank you,

Susi

Basically you have a ton of plant food and not enough plants. Between the flourish and CO2 system you have a bunch of extra nutrients going in and since the plants don't use it up the algae is. By the way, Flourish is supposed to be used only once or twice a week.... I'd get some more BNs...

the plants have not been growing very well over the past 2 month or though.

I've about 6 different types at the moment. I'm not to good with plant names. But I know I've got hairgrass, brazilia, a big bunch anubis, ambulia, baby tears and some sort of tall steam plant - sorry for my spelling!

Bristlenose catfish will sort out your algae problem. As for your tank, have you got another tank to put your fish in?? If so you can clean your tank out with hot water and let it dry out in the sun for 2 days which will kill the algae in you tank.

I have done this many times with excellant results, I thought I would try it after I had problems with algae in my out door ponds.

We changed from having our 18,000K at 12hrs a day and 10,000K at 2-3hrs to 10,000K at 12hrs and 18,000K at 2hrs a day and this seemed to help a lot. Want to get some different temp lights as we have 3 fittings, but not enough $$$. I don't really know how this compares to your lights but perhaps you can try some different combos if all your other changes don't have the desired effect.

Cheers,

Vapo