Hi from Holland

douwe

Hi All

I was looking for information on fish keeping in NZ (hopefully we come over next year) especially about killifish on a different forum (about killi) there I send a pb to a guy (here known as caserole) who gave me some great answers and he also pointed me to this Forum (thanks again), it looks like a very active forum about fishkeeping.

So now I am registered here.

Some info on my main Tank - Juwel Vision 260 with an Eheim external filter 2226

Fish

15x Puntius denisonii

4x Corydoras schwartzi

5x Corydoras rabauti

4x Corydoras aeneus 'Black'

10x Corydoras latus

1x Pleco

2x Ancistrus with Fry (don't know how many but picked out over 50)

Plants

Echinodorus barthii

Cladophora aegagropila

Anubias barteri

Cryptocoryne nevillii

Cryptocoryne lucens

Cryptocoryne sp.

Valisneria spiralis

At the top I had 23 tanks with fish but now I am selling everything because of obvious reasons :lol:

Other fish

Killies

Argus

Anabantoidi

A question about Puntius denisonii: Are there any people who got this beautiful fish already, despite the high price?

Thanks

Hope to learn from you and hope I can contribute to this fish community

Regards,

Douwe

Hoi Douwe, hoe is it?

I've seen the red line toredo barb at a local fish shop (LFS for short) and they're great fish. Retail at an overpriced shop was $50 so we didn't get any, but I'm sure through these forums you could get a better price. I lived in Nijmegen for 2 years, so I know how Dutch can get the best prices for the best products 8)

Welcome to the forums and try and fly Malaysian Airlines from NL to NZ. Was an awesome trip. See you around!

Doie!

Faran and Kim

Hi Douwe...and welcome!

This site is fantastic...the peope have so much knowledge and are always eager to help. I'm always asking questions and they haven't kicked me out yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, you are moving to NZ or will be you visiting? Well, either way...if there is one thing I've learned (aside from helping to take care of my fishies) that New Zealanders are wonderful people.

Take care!

Hi there Douwe, welcome to the site.

I was chatting with Cas the other day and he told me about you being interested in the best fish types in the world. Killies.

What species do you have and can get hold of.

If there are too many doesn't matter.

As you can see we have a Killi section in this forum.

We only have about 20 species here in NZ, and we keep a real keen eye out for new arrivals (of killies) into NZ.

We have several excellent breeders here that put their heart and soul into getting new species bred and shared around to members of the NZKA then out to the shops for the enjoyment of others.

Where in NZ are you thinking, or should I say, planning on staying.

Alan 104

Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome :bow:

@BlueandKim

Het gaat goed! I think we fly with KLM and AirNZ with a short stopover in Hongkong

@Caper

We (My wife, 3 kids and I) are moving to NZ to live there.

@Pegasus

If you got water in those tanks they seem to shrink so you buy more and more :lol:

But espacially with killies you need a lot of tanks with all the fry.

@Alan

I've already got your email address from Cas.

Below you find a list of the killies i used to have and from most of them I had (some) fry. I evenn had some big enough to sell :)

Aphyosemion australe gold

Aphyosemion australe Kaap Lopez

Fundulopanchax gardneri

Aphyosemion bitaeniatum Lagos

Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus Nsuka

Pseudepiplatys annulatus

Nothobranchius palmqvisti Pangani TZ 94/7

Fundulopanchax sjoestedti blauw one of my own

Aphyosemion ocellatum PEG 96/22

Pseudepiplatys annulatus Monroviae red

Nothobranchius guentheri Zanzibar

I already noticed the killi section (There is a dutch forum (of which I'm also a member) similar to this one they have got a special killi section as well)

If I want I can get hold of almost al the killi species available

Hi Douwe and welcome to NZ :lol:

We have quite a few Dutch in NZ as many came over after the war. Marcel (scalare in here) is Dutch and lives in Christchurch (and, of course, our webmaster Cees is Dutch also)

You are going to be disappointed I think in the fish and plants available here compared to what you are used to but hopefully the friendliness of the people will more than make up for it :wink:

I would love some P denisonii but the price is beyond me at the moment :cry:

hI

It's nice to see more and more dutchy's on this forum. Where in holland are you frome I am from drente (Emmen) If been here for 2 years now and I feel at home. you will see that what we can get here is a lot less than in N.L. but ass caryl said the people will make up fore it.

I know how It is to leave you tanks behind (snik snik snoter snoter)

so I feel fore you.

hopelijk gaat het door met je imigratie. Hoe kreeg je het idee om naar nieuw zeeland te gaan?

scalare (marcel)

It is hard to leave all the tanks behind yes

But we have confidence that we can start something new in NZ

I'm from Zuid-Holland (for Scalare)

We have been to NZ twice and I did not know what homesick was until I left NZ

So we just wanna come back