it's a hard road finding the perfect tank boy...

chimera

1. bought 4 foot tank off a guy via trademe around march 2004. very basic setup but got for a good price.

tankstage1.jpg

2. brought the tank home, put it straight in as an 'in-wall' setup. the 4 footer looks to small in the big wall, the sump is in the bedroom, tang is getting bigger...

tankstage2.jpg

3. so let's add a foot, some more height/width and a heap of cash. the 5 footer went in september 2004, photo today after 10 months of pain and anguish!

tankmiddle-050710.jpg

now how can i con the wife into 7+ foot next year.... :D

just provide me with that winning lotto ticket Ira and it shall be done!

you know there is no such thing as the perfect tank, only on the natural coral reefs can you appreciate such beauty. i cant wait til my acro's grow bigger and colour up more. it's looking a tad baron... :-?

Hey chim...Tank looks great. Just a thought though.

Because you are running really blue lights like mine, I think your blue background may be making the "whole look" look to blue maybe.

Just my opinion. I reckon you should try it black with a piece of temp. plastic or something and see if you like it. Black brings out colours.

I bet you'll like it!

Just my opinion!

:)

Hey chim...Tank looks great. Just a thought though.

Because you are running really blue lights like mine, I think your blue background may be making the "whole look" look to blue maybe.

Just my opinion. I reckon you should try it black with a piece of temp. plastic or something and see if you like it. Black brings out colours.

I bet you'll like it!

Just my opinion!

:)

It certainly looks bluer than I would like for my tank although, in the past, I have had it quite a bit more blue than it is now. From the photo anyway, I would suspect that a lot of colour of the animals is being somewhat disguised by the overall blue wash effect.

Steve

to be honest, the blue colouring in the picture looks NOTHING like it does if you were standing in front of it. it's much whiter and looks much better with the naked eye. i'll get another pic with the digital camera when i play around with the settings more - seriously it's not that blue!!!

lets see a pic of your newest addition. (unless he looks like you )

he looks heaps like me - almost spitting image of his old man :D

jaden-050717.jpg

Yes some pics would be handy to compare from anyone.

I put a similar blue on my 6' then changed it to black, maybe I should have done half and half so i could compare them more easily.

It doesn't have anything on it at the moment.

My one at home is blue, much nicer IMO, works reef is black which is convieniant if you want algae etc to be left alone. but otherwise a bit drab.

Once i get my new camera ill be doing some 6 month on b4 and after shots :)

BTW CHim Looking good (both of them)