Pet Shops

@ndrew

Suggestions?

I know of Pet City, Pet World, Pet Corner and the Goldfish Bowl - but have no experieince with any of them - recommendations please....

And it doesn't really matter if the staff know too much - it would be nice but I have been in the pet industry for over 10 years and the fish hobby for more than 15 - so I am more looking for quality stock but knowledge would be nice.....

~FancyFins~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be truely addicted for I cannot resist goiing into any fish shop. You just never know.................... However like everyone I have my favourites and Organisms in Christchurch is top of my list closely followed by Redwood Aquatics and many others.

Hubby always knows he will find me in the nearest fish shop.

I have always had good service at animates in papanui,talk to katie who has sea horses and many tropical tanks or kim who has 8-9 tanks and breeds a lot of fish ,both of these ladies know what they are talking about and are very nice to deal with and are not pushy at all.

I usually go to Pet Planet in Dunedin and get good service there, I deal with Donna who runs the fish section, but others there also keep fish and are good to deal with. If they don't have what you want they will try and get it, if they don't know they say they don't know. I figure thats pretty good. Also will buy back fish that get to big and any offspring.

Pet Warehouse is also good, but further away from me so can't comment much.

I have been to Redwoods and Organisms in Christchurch and was very impressed, they have a much wider selection, but also a much bigger population base.