Can I keep a baby pukeko by itself?

Hey,

a couple days ago our cat caught two baby pukeko’s. I took them in and have been looking after them. One of them was always a lot brighter than the other and today when I went to feed them the quieter was really sick and was throwing its head back and fitting. Unfortunately it died but I think it might have had some sort of neurological problem from when the cat caught it. My other one is bright, healthy and eating but I am now concerned about it being by itself. Will it be okay? We have some chicken chicks at the moment but they are two or three weeks old and would not make adequate friends. I am hoping if I just spend lots of time with it it won’t need a friend. Anyone have any tips? 

Google tells me (I have no personal experience with pukekos) that they are tribal birds so if you release one back to the wild the other pukekos will kill it.

Apparently they can be great pets when hand raised so being on its own won't worry it. They have a life span of around 9 years.