dead gourami

mistymu05

Was round at my parents on Wednesday and just as i was about to leave decided to look in on Dads fishies - well his remaining dwarf gourami was covered in a mould = looked like the hairy sort you can grow on bread:roll:.... so i instantly grabbed a container and lid and removed the little fishie from the tank and headed off to the LFS that was on the way home...... at first when i described the fishies condition to the guy he was like are u sure its got a fungus = i said well look and see and he was amazed at the growth (see i know wat i mean - sometimes) anyways he reckoned that the little fishie got TB (thats what he said but maybe he meant Pnuemonia) which then allowed for a bacterial fungal thingee to infect the poor wee fishie:(.......the LFS guy reckoned it was a bit too far gone to try and save the little guy and suggested euthanasia for him....

he said that this form of sickness is something that dwarf gourami are susceptible to. Felt sorry for my dad :cry: - he didnt get the chance to say good bye to his little fishie (he was sleeping after his nite shift work) and i had to take the little guy home and do the euthanising myself.....

might have to look at getting him some fishies that will look good in his tank but will organise a light for my large tank so he can have my light.....

there really hadnt been too many signs that he had been sic...... he would still eat all the food he could and the only thing that had us watching him was he liked to sit in the corner of his tank......

but that wasnt all that unusual when he get moved from one tank to another i noticed this happened when we moved house and had to transport him in the bucket and then put him bak in the tank so jus assumed he was sulking again......