help with new setup

buzzy

hi my wife has said i can get a reef tank so i need some advice what would you do with about $5000 to spend,i want a 4x2x2' tank, sump, mh lighting ( 150w or 250w?? )and skimmer.i want to end up having in the tank, some corals, an anemone, a pair of clowns and either some bangaii cardinals or a little school of smallish fish eg 4 or 5, does this sound realistic or am i dreaming!!.any advice/help would be great.even if its saying what you would buy with the money.

yeah i thought i might be better off to buy some things second hand, i guess ill have to just wait and see what comes up in the selling section here, and on trademe.i might see if any good full setups turn up on trade me i saw a nice tank on there a couple of weeks ago.

i agree. this would be a good size for a 4 foot tank. i suggest you post any q's you have on specific products you are considering purchasing on here and open it up for debate. dont need to say where you are buying from, just what and how much. im sure most here should be able to tell you if it's a rip off or good deal :D

ok im getting a tank made as soon as i find out a few things, so if anyone could help that would be great,i need to know what size to drill the overflow hole and return hole on a 4 foot tank.also what are a good pump to use as a closed loop and what size should the holes be.im hoping to have a closed loop on either side of the overflow box.

hi does this sound like a good idea, to have the overflow hole drilled for 1.5" and have the return at 1 1/4" or 1"??any ideas i aslo want to run 2x ehiem 1262 pumps for closed loops drilled on the base of the tank is this a good idea?thanks

if the overflow was putting out 300 gph, the return has to match it or be less is that right.can you recomend a good pump for a return( i am flexable as i havent had the hole drilled yet so i can rethink things)do you think 300 gph is good or should it be about 600??