If you had to sell your complete setup

RnB

Would you tear it down and sell the parts... or would you try and sell the whole thing like recent trademe auctions.....

I wonder if anyone has a spare 5k to spend in one hit...... ???

let me see, tank as it is lucky to get $5k for it. as 2nd hand parts, $8/kg @ 150kg's of rock theres $1200, tank and plumbing $400, skimmer $700, chiller $700, calcium reactor $400, corals and fish $700, pumps $1000, refugium and contents $500, oceans motions $300, lighting $400, miscellaneous (test kits, refractometer, topup barrel, nozzles, powerheads etc etc etc) $800,... man there is heaps more than this and I'm already over $7k at very conservative pricing...

I spent $135.00 on plumbing today. 1x 50mm tank inlet (bulkhead), 1x male thread to slip 50mm, 1x female thread to slip 50mm, 1x 25mm femal thread to 50mm male thread, 1metre of 50mm pressure pipe. Thats it. Then add $90.00 for a 50mm union tap.

So thats $225.00 for the plumbing from my sump to my return pump (not the plumbing from the return pump to the tank!). Less than 1 metre of plumbing for $225.00.

Would I buy 2nd hand plumbing? Hell yes.

Pies

I wish my plumbing was only $200 odd Dollars.I have spent over $400 and i have to buy another load of fittings to add more outlets to my closed loop.If could have got my tank parts for the price that chim rattled off i would have saved a lot of money.

yeah plumbing is a killer. sure brian, some plumbing cant be re-used but alot can. when you're talking $35 for a 1" union ball valve (reuseable) and you have about 10 of them, there's $350 just like that. add on hansen fittings (also reuseable) anywhere from $5 to $20 each and a bit of long pressure piping and voila, there is $1k+ just like that. my plumbing all up i think it probably nearer $1500 :-?