Practical Fish Keeping

Alan

Not me Alan, although I do get it regularly from a magazine shop in Wgtn. Am thinking of taking out a sub and having it sent to my folks in the UK and then they can bring them out every time they come over.

Robbie

The reason I put this question was to see if any one had March 05 issue.

In it is an article I'd love someone to copy and send to me.

It is on danios, by one of the probably best danio breeder in England if not the world.

Peter Cottle has been to NZ sevral times, and the first time I met him was at a Waikato Aquarium Society's meeting.

He gave a talk on the pencil fish he had bred, I didn't know there were even that many p/f around.

So you can see he isn't a slouch as far as a breeder goes.

So when it comes in, please keep me in mind.

It would be appreciated. Thanks

Alan 104

Alan,

The folk at PFK are pretty friendly - Im sure if it was just a one-off article, if you asked them nicely they would copy it and post it to you.

General,

I'm wondering if they offer a worldwide subscription? I know other mags do, and that way they post airmail - arrives within 5 days of the mag being available in the UK.

:wink:

Go here and you can subscribe. Not sure if they post to NZ??

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... /order.php

Just followed the links to the conclusion of subscription path. They have UK, Europe AND Rest of World subscriptions available. The ROW is £55 STG. That translates to approx $140 which IMHO is bloody expensive for that particular magazine. I dont know if its improved but the Marine section was "mediocre" at best when i used to get it. One of their technical advisors used to tell you one thing one month and then contradict himself the next. He has also written at least two books which do the same thing !

I reckon MARINE WORLD is a far better bet at £40 STG ROW subscription, and this is currently brought into NZ by Redwood Aquatics here in Chch -

But having said that PFK is a good all round mag and does have something for everyone.

That is expensive!

It only cost about $50USD a year for my Stereophile subscription, including postage from the states. It's about the equivalent to TFH in the fish world. Still, it is our hobby and hobbies can be expensive.

If I had the Mag Alan, I'd bring it to conference for you to have a read but I only get the odd TFH and Stereophile. Not much use sorry... (unless you want the latest mega-bucks stereo equipment!!)

Still reckon its worth giving them a try and asking for a copy - they may even be able to email it to you. They were remarkably helpful in putting me in touch with one of the American technical advisors who was writing a series of articles for them several years ago. Despite being a big magazine they are run on a friendly basis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Woops, just got a letter from PC and he informed me that he did not write the article, just gave info on it. :oops:

In it is an article I'd love someone to copy and send to me.

It is on danios, by one of the probably best danio breeder in England if not the world.

Did you know that PFK watch this site??

So I apologize to PFK for putting that over about the author of that article.

He is prolly the best Rinbow fish breeder in the world too, he tells me that he is working on several species, not seen in England before, and is only having probs with one of them, but is confidant in cracking that one too.