Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indoor Turtle Pond Design

Featured Replies

Hi there!

I work in a small vet/pet store in the Far North, and we have 2 RES who are 2 years old, a male and a female. 

Our boss has agreed to an indoor pond for the turtles (Those of you from Tauranga may remember Animal Antics pond at Owens Place, this is what I had in mind basically). I have seen a design which I like, but want to downscale. The build is here: https://imgur.com/a/ykVGu 

I have a few questions about the design/build. To save on costs, instead of using a rubber trough, could we build a frame, cover it in old carpet and use a plastic pond liner? Or will their claws go right through? I estimate that we have space for a 1m diameter at most.

Is it wise to use sand on the island area like they have in the link? I was thinking of using marine ply covered in astroturf.

I will be making a DIY internal filter and possibly incorporate a water feature in to the return.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.