Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

2000L Tank, four years on.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I've been pretty bred with my tank lately, to the point of contemplating shutting it down even, and it wasn't until Facebook reminded me that it's been four years since we built it that I realised why

  • The loaches are in!! I think some of them are a little confused, when I opened the curtains this morning there was a group of about a dozen of the smaller ones swimming around mid-level in the water c

  • Thirty clowns, a pair of threadfin (A. heckelii), and three tiny uaru. Not a bad haul for a mornings shopping!! No in-tank pics as they're in quarantine with a precautionary dose of meth blue just in

Posted Images

May be looking more for a pet fish again .? Aro knife ? A fire eel max size would be something....but rainbows are great ...reds grow to a decent size a school bossmani ? You are lucky to have heaps of options in you're tank mate..out of curiosity how would one move a tank like that ? 

May be looking more for a pet fish again .? Aro knife ? A fire eel max size would be something....but rainbows are great ...reds grow to a decent size a school bossmani ? You are lucky to have heaps of options in you're tank mate..out of curiosity how would one move a tank like that ? 

  • Author
1 hour ago, snookie said:

out of curiosity how would one move a tank like that ? 

In pieces!! :D

Don't think I could get it out of the house in one piece. Been thinking about a fire eel, I'm keeping watch on TradeMe for a good sized one...

Nice pick up! Would like to see some large A. heckelii around again, nice looking fish. There is a group of clowns going on tm at the moment if you are interested.

Unrelated, but has anyone seen the ridiculous price being forked out for a datnoid on tm? Over $700 for it. Ludicrous.

56 minutes ago, hovmoller said:

There's someone selling Pacu on TM.. You could always try that? 

 

Pacu would outgrow that tank. IMO they should not be offered for sale at all. I have seen absolutely huge pacu at a public aquarium, at least a metre long with deep thick bodies. Maybe if you had 10k litres haha.

  • Author

Holy ****!!!! That's a nice looking dat but $700?! Hope someone has the same enthusiasm for the large Royal I've got going on there at the moment!! :P

I agree about the pacu, really a public aquarium only fish IMO.  And HFF still have a few threadfins, one definite male and possible one female and a couple of not-sure.

  • Author

One more addition...

This is the species that first got me interested in aquaria when as a kid of around six a friends parents got one for their tank at home. I haven't kept one for probably close to twenty years and I'm really not sure why. Too common? Not interesting enough? Don't fit the biotope? Bah who cares, they look awesome and I want one, so...

shark.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.