nsw

Drifty

It takes a lot to move the salinity though. We syphoned out about 3x 10L buckets on Sunday for TomGun and I just replaced it with about 30L of freshwater

30 litres over 2500 litres, puh! no wonder it didnt make a difference, thats only 1.2%! 30 litres on a 4 foot tank (300 litres) is 10%

work it out using the calculator here:

http://www.saltyzoo.com/SaltyCalcs/MakeupSalinity.php?sysGal=40&sal=36&makeupGal=1

OK...that's it...I'm convinced...no doubts...all you reef/saltwater keepers are really scientists, or oceanographers, or marine biologists, etc...or clones of Jacques Cousteau!

How many years of schooling did you guys take to know all this stuff...it truly amazes me :o

OK...that's it...I'm convinced...no doubts...all you reef/saltwater keepers are really scientists, or oceanographers, or marine biologists, etc...or clones of Jacques Cousteau!

How many years of schooling did you guys take to know all this stuff...it truly amazes me

they are none of the above really! they became just slaves of the hobby (constant water test, more light, more flow, more skimming, more tunzes (or seio for the poor :wink: ), more and bigger calciun reactors, even more light and those new bulbs (hang on i am getting some too :bounce: ). the abyss is sucking them (us) in!