Does this Electric Yellow look ok?

Chasingthepleco

I have had this electric yellow for several months now, after a recent heater failure disaster I lost most of my electric yellows but this one survived. It seems to have an odd body shape, it looks really skinny. It eats well but is one of the more timid fish in the tank, I put this down to the fact it is one of 3 yellows left and the other two are young (one tiny) so feeling a bit out numbered. Do you think this fish is ok? Other tank mates include electric blue trio, 3 young peacocks, bristlenose and a couple of black & blue stripey ones. Thanks.

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

We have very limited medications for fish here in NZ as anything with an antibiotic in it is vet only prescription which requires taking said fish and paperwork showing what you think is wrong with it to a vet.

In NZ we have praziquantel available from a licensed pet shop but I see you have Kisuri wormer available in Australia.  Having used this on my discus when we could get it here I can vouch that it is effective.    This vet is reknowned for his work even here in NZ  http://www.thefishvet.com.au/

Thank you. I have arranged to buy some kusuri from a local fish enthusiast. I should be picking up that today. Is it ok to use with fry? I have an electric blue holding fry and another electric blue who has just released fry today. 

If it is worms how would they get in my tank? The only live food I feed is frozen blood worms and that's just occasionally, I usually feed  a cichlid crumble as well as pleco chips for my catfish. I suspect this yellow is one I purchased locally some months. Thanks.