Tank overhang

Squidlet

Hi everyone

I am in the process of purchasing a new 50l blue planet aquarium with internal filter and light(collecting this weekend). It measures 58.5cm long and 38.5 cm deep. As I don't have the room for a stand in the room, I plan to put the tank on a solid pine set of drawers that I have had a builder check over to confirm they will support the weight.

The drawers measure 80cm long by 40cm deep however they have one of those beveled edges so the actual flat surface is 38cm deep. This would leave a half cm overhang on the width but the entire length would be supported. I'm quite a paranoid person, and worried that whilst its only half a cm it my be just enough to put pressure on the seal? Is it worth worrying about (there is a black plastic frame around the entire edge of the tank but i doubt this would do much?), and if so is there anything I can do to remedy it?

The drawers are brand new with the top being 32mm thick so very sturdy. There will also be a mat under the tank to stop it scratching the wood.

Any advice is much appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the tank you are getting - if it is a tank designed to go specifically on a stand as some tanks are with the plastic frames, then they are not designed to go on another surface and particularly not have anything under them ie polystyrene.

I would put a solid surface under it.  If you get any quakes in that area you will be asking for a cracked tank.

Thank you your replies, it is this tank here:

http://newsteadvets.co.nz/product/fish-tanks/blue-planet-classic-aquarium-50ltr/

They don't make stands for this particular size, in fact is a discontinued line as the 70L is more popular and does have a stand available. I used to have a large blue planet tank, numerous ones actually and never had an issue with them but they were all on purpose built stands. However now after shifting flat all I want is a medium tank to put a few fish in thats going to look nice in the room :)

Rather than polystyrene or a mat, I may go with the plywood option as livingart suggested. What width plywood should I go for here?

Thanks again :) Want to get this set up once and right the first time :)

It looks to me like it is one of the tanks with a plastic ring around the bottom which keeps the glass bottom from sitting on the stand. You therefore need to properly support the ring so I would go with the plywood suggestion and even put a bead around the edge of the ply to make it even safer. (advice from shaky town)