Is my guppy deformed?

Phillz

Well yes and no, when i was half way through signing up my missus asked me to check her Trade Me (hotmail addy) so stupid me ended up putting my e-mail addy as a hotmail addy (when im with Lycos)....a Homer moment DDOOHH. Going to try again one day soon LOL

what sort of problem does it have??

I have noticed that over the last week my better looking male guppies back has become more and more bent and it looks like he is struggling to keep his tail moving and is really losing energy just to stay still. His back has gone beyond a 45* angle and his scales on his tail only (from bend down) have become all rough and lifted yet there is nothing under the scales and all of my other fish seem 100% fine. I noticed a slight bend in his back when I first got him but also read that some guppies go like that and can still be fine but I am also wondering if he could be comming to the end of his life as he has never been as active (mating wise) as the other one so I am guessing he is much older than my other two males.

As I mentioned above all my other fish are totaly fine and swim around him and all sorts but over the weekend I have noticed that his back has become worse and worse and he is always in one corner just sitting there doing nothing so I guess its just one of thoes things that you can't help. Hes got more colour in his upper body compaired to my other 3/4 black male (splash of blue and orange) but nothing last forever. :cry:

has gone beyond a 45* angle and his scales on his tail only (from bend down) have become all rough and lifted yet there is nothing under the scales and all of my other fish seem 100% fine. :cry:

Penejane, I think you should be treating him, sounds like he is ill. If you think he's too far gone then put him out of his misery or else put him into a hospital tank and treat him with something like "Antiseptic" from your LFS. If you don't have a hospital tank you can put him into a net and put a drop or two of the treatment straight onto him and leave for as long as you can before putting him back in the water.