Power outage

Ira

Ugh...power outage last night at 11pm.

Still wasn't back by the time i had to leave for work at 6am   fish looked ok.  Power expected back by 9am.  Unplugged the filters so they won't fill the tank with anaerobic crap when the power comes back.  Powerhead should keep it airated. Should be back by 5 or so...  but sometimes it doesn't start if it's a bit jammed up with leaves.

Almost to work...oops have to pick the wife up from the wife from the airport at 7.  Ok...should be home by 8.

Oh now she tells me one of her friends is on vacation so we have to sit and watch a movie with her cats because they'll be lonely.

So any bets on if there are any fatalities? 

I would have said "Bugger the cats, I need to check the fish!" :D

At least you remembered to pick up wifey before her arrival :smiley_wink_ani:

We did say bugger the cats.  Can check on them tomorrow.  Everyone seems fine.  Haven't seen the bichir though.  And the powerhead started up fine.  Most of the damage was done by me yanking on the drain valve of the FX-5 and pulling it completely out.  Imagine a big fat guy squatting next to a tank with one thumb jammed in a hole in the bottom of a filter and his far arm flailing around trying to wind its way through the stand to turn off the valves.

Managed to quickly figure out the plumbing to get the FX5 to pump water out of the tank.  Might have to do that from now on, seems to pump faster than my big pond pump even.