Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Betta update - babies!!!

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

Thanks to those who helped out with my question on conditioning female betta. :hail:

I got a beautiful male called Sarge last Tuesday. He is blue with green casts, and slight red as well.

Well on Saturday evening I popped Pinky into the tank with Sarge (she had been in a trap in the same tank).

Sunday morning they spawned! Pinky was popped back into the trap (I only have the one tank setup atm).

Well I just checked and the eggs have hatched after only 36 hours. Sarge is doing a fantastic job of getting the bubs back into the nest (nest was kinda pathetic, maybe he'll do better next time).

So yeah, I have baby fighters!!!

Now I just gotta feed them. :roll:

Take care,

Ian :0D

Remembr they are very prone to chills so make sure they don't have any drafts near the tank. Also, did you lower the water level? It helps the fry if they don't have so far to swim.

wat i did with my spawn was to find a way to tilt the tank so that at one end i had a sponge filter and normal plants and at the lesser end (of water) i had a small airbubble make and java moss

wat this did was allow the weaker ones some where to hide and also live while the stronger ones tended to swim down to the deeper end and the filter......it also meant that with the filter in there feeding them liquidfry was alot cleaner and easier.....i have such trouble in getting bbs to develop that i gave up and just feed L/Fry and then as they got bigger got them onto flake food and then even later tried them on blood worms - now that was funny to watch - one in particular used to just swim round the tank with a worm hangin out his mouth - so cute........

good luck with the raising of the fry and trying to count them.......

  • Author

I removed Sarge yesterday as the number of fry had dropped drastically from what looked about 100 (I did get up to 80 odd but gave up) to about 30-ish.

Then this morning I noticed that there were babies in the trap with the parents.

So Pinky and Sarge are in seperate dolmio jars in the tank with the kids just going horizontal.

So far so good.

In the past I have just left the fry to pretty much fend for themselves which is why they take almost 6 months to reach non-eatable size. And why I get so few to that size. :oops:

This time I'm gnna feed them properly.

Only problem is I'm moving on Saturday, fingers crossed things go ok.

Right off to check to see if we got BBS yet.

L8r,

Ian :0D

good luck with the bbs and the babies - hope everything goes to plan and im sure the moving will be fine - just lots of pre planning is always good which im sure you have done

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.