Returning westie

OCD

Hi everyone, my name is Ant and I've got back into it. 

Started this time with a small guppy tank for my wife's classroom, now to house goldfish, and we have a second hand Aqua One 980, to be a planted community set up. ( tetras mainly)

Not using the trickle filter, have a Eheim 2213 canister that came with it.  8yrs old so it's showing a few signs of age, but we'll see how I get on. 

( my...how the prices have gone up for fish !!!)

Edited by OCD
spelling

Too many people out there have fish in unsuitable containers, especially goldfish. Comets should be sold for ponds only.

Looking forward to photos as you get the community tank up and running. Do you know what you plan to stock it with yet?

Now have; 

10   Black Phantom

5   Diamond

5 Lemon

5 Neon Tetra

3 guppy

5 platy

5 Harlequin rasbora

1 BN

1  Golden Chinese Algae Eater

...phew..!

I'd like an interesting "bottom" dweller too , maybe GBR group or Kribs..?  My wife loves Angel fish too but doesn't like the idea of them growing big enought to make a meal out of the  guppies and neons. 

I have had Cory's and Kuhli loaches in the past but my gravel in this one is not that fine and has sharp edges..( not so good for plant roots it turns out ) 

Keep an eye on the Chinese algae eater. They used to be fine but I think they must have been crossed with piranhas over the years as they have become very aggressive (especially when they age) and will latch on to the sides of fish and suck rings on their scales, particularly more on flat bodied fishes like discus and angels.

I always like the Ancistrus and the sharper gravel does not seem to wear their barbels down like it does the corys.

• 1 month later...