Begginers goldfish

Chloe

About two weeks ago I brought two goldfish, a black Moore and I'm not sure what the other is, basic white/orange goldfish. They have been living in a fish bowl since, I replace the water everyday and know the urgency for getting a proper and larger home for them. They have been doing fine but now that the weather is heating up they seem to be gaping at the top of the water, one does this more than the other. I have an oxy shell and have been replacing their water with much cooler water frequently today and they haven't really stopped. They are not in direct sunlight either, help would be appreciated 

now that the weather is heating up they seem to be gaping at the top of the water, one does this more than the other.

I have an oxy shell and have been replacing their water with much cooler water frequently today and they haven't really stopped. They are not in direct sunlight either, help would be appreciated 

Yeah, that happens a lot when you have them in the normal stagnant bowl with no airation and little surface area.  Oxy shells do nothing.  What you need to do is put an airstone or a filter or pump in it to circulate the water and disturb the surface.  And get them into a bigger thank that won't heat up so quickly.

If you can't do any of that, get a fan and point it at the surface.  It should help disturb the surface, airate it and the evaporation will help cool the water.

As you already know, the goldfish bowl is too small for them and the weather is too warm for them.  The build up of ammonia in the bowl combined with the warmer weather causing warmer water is depleting the oxygen supply.  As Ira says - any surface movement will help but ultimately they need a decent sized tank and filter as soon as possible.  Water changes and/or an oxy shell are only a band aid which are unlikely to stop the bleeding.  TBH you would be better placing them in a bath.