Osc Clown out of water

newaqua

Hey Everyone

I came home from work today to find my osc clown lying on part of the filter with water trickling over him/her.

It would appear that he/she jumped out of the tank and into the back filter area (60L nano Aqua One from memory).

I found he/she still breathing, and put he/she back in the tank. After 2 hours he/she still does not seem to be much better. Lying on the bottom of the tank breathing fairly quickly. Every now and then swimming partly normally.

If he/she comes back to acting normally, how long should this take? I have no idea how long he/she was out of the water.

I would have thought after 2 hours I would see some improvement?

Any ideas?

I think you can only really just give it time, as its hard to know how long the clown was out of the water and how badly it was affected. Personally I'd just keep an eye on it for now and watch for improvements/it going downhill or other issues e.g. getting bullied by other tankmates.

Sorry to hear - my picasso female jumped out while I was waterchanging. Didn't notice until late that evening and then found her on the floor dead.

My replacement female has twice jumped over into the sump area at the back and lived.