Cloudy water

Kazz

Controlling yourself is soooooooo hard when you see all those lovely fishes that just want to hop in the car with you!!!!...

Oh my...this is so true...it's hard to turn away when the little fishies are shouting, "Take me...take me!"

So, the conscenus on adding fish to a new tank is 2 weeks?

How do you know that the tank is finished cycling? Think I need to read more on that!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update..... The main tank is now empty of all fish it is still slightly cloudy but much better than it was. Readings have all dropped with the exception of PH.

I have not counted the number of losses we have had this week. I think it would be too depressing...and we just lost our last platty this morning but everyone else seems to have settled.

Re-checked tap water which has a PH of 6.6, Ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 5. The lowest reading of PH in my tanks is 7.2....can't quite figure that one out!

HI shelly, that sounds good. Zero for ammonia and nitrite is where mine has always been. The change in your ph is still a mystery, but depending on the types of fish you are planning to keep, a hi'ish pH isnt nessasrily a bad thing.... good luck and keep up those regular water changes. :)

Hi Shelley,

I am sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having...epecially loosing your fish... :cry:

But if there is one thing we certainly agree with...people here are so willing to help.

You should give yourself a pat on the back...for caring so much...and not giving up on your beloved pets :bow:

Thanks Caper and DiverJohn...i think the only reason the main tank is sitting on nil ammonia and nitrite is because there are NO fish in there at present....the other tanks with fish in have slight readings of both.

I may have to dismantle the main tank anyway as......the middle section of glass (in the top) has cracked....and since it has cracked the 'lose' sections that just slide in either side and sit on wee glass ledges no longer fit...the glass just falls in which makes me think that that middle section must have been helping support the tank and hold it together...which also makes me worry that now it is cracked and not supporting the tank walls...maybe with the weight of thew water the whole lot might collapse :( BUGGER!!!! I really can't AFFORD any more right now lol. Also (of course) with not having the glass pieces that slide in on either side for the lid...means the light is open to the elements of the tank/condensation etc.....and the wooden frame also...whci i suspect may not be particularly healthy or safe for anyone concerned....oh damn and flaming blast it!

The tank i 'sealed' (and that was leaking more so after i had done it...for some reason appears to have stopped leaking (???) i have my suspicions about what is going on. I was pretty sure the leak was coming from where the bottom joined the front wall....maybe it was just from the top of the tank and the water has leaked beyond that level now? although there has been no sign of it running down the edges. i remain sceptical.

sure wish we could have a smooth run for a while...i am getting depressed (not to mention broke!)

Consider yourself hugged Shelley...I think you should be proud of yourself for all the work you are doing to help your fish. I'm guessing that keeping an aquarium is no different that many other things in life, sometimes no matter what we do, things just don't turn out the way we want them too!

Thanks for the hug Caper ;).

On the sad side, I lost a kissing gourami today...although she has looked a little strange for quite some time. On the happy side a guppy had 13 babies this afternoon :-).

I need to get more lights....... *consults her list....lights....stones....FISH*