Super Snow Leopard Gecko

Nex

Last season was a disaster as I could not get the temperature down enough to bromate them properly so fertility was about zilch. Hoping to do better next season. I suspect they are not actually mack snows as I have bred enough that there should have been a super in there. Have no idea what they are if they are not. Someone may prove me wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of comments re the genetics you are quoting.

Unless you know for sure that the 'Mack Snow's that are in NZ are actually descended from the Mack Snows in the States, you cannot necessarily expect that they are genetically the same. It is possible that they have a totall different gene/mutation or gene-complex that gives them a phenotype (appearance) of the original Mack Snow, but that is inherited differently or works in a different way to that gene. It is quite common worldwide for a similar mutation phenotype to appear independently in several different countries, and to be later proven to be due to totally different genes.

Also, to quote Alanmin "mack snow to mack snow should give 25% super mack snow and 25% normal with 50% mack snow" doesn't quite state the practicality of the outcomes correctly.

Try thinking of it like this - "mack snow to mack snow should give each and every offspring a 25% chance of being super mack snow and a 25% chance of being normal with a 50% chance of being mack snow". So the parents are not genetically obliged to turn out one super snow in every four babies they have. It doesn't matter how many babies they do have, each one has ONLY A 25% CHANCE of being Super Snow each time. Sometimes you can have a breeding pair (of any critter) churn out a dozen or more babies before the lottery falls your way and you get what you were hoping for!

So you may have no hope or lots!