Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Temperature Regulation Help Needed

Featured Replies

My tank is going from around 24 degrees to 28 degrees throughout the course of the day. I currently only have cory in there, and know they definitely prefer lower temps so I'm a bit worried. The room gets so hot on warm days - second story, metal roof and sun all afternoon - even with curtains closed and windows/door open.

Is there anything I can do help stabilise the temp and stop it rising so much?? I've read people float bags of ice or frozen water bottles in the aquarium, is that a safe option?

I'm struggling with my smaller tank too.. the heat build up in the house warms up the tank .

I've tried a damp towel draped over the back and a fan in the room but it doesn't make difference.

Beerfridge, drill two holes in it. Make a spiral inside the fridge (max surface area) out of hose, add a pump somewhere in the line and suck the water from the tank through the spiral in the fridge back into the tank.

Cheers,

JaSa

It is difficult if the room temp is high. Frozen bottles of water (I used to use 3L juice containers as they take longer to defrost) or Slikka pads work well.

You could also try putting polystyrene around the tank if you are not home during the day.

Aim a fan to blow across the water surface

Turn any lighting off.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.