Literal hole in the head.

alexyay

I guess my question is, is she likely to heal up from this?

I found my Honey Gourami with this hole in her head, assumed it was a wound (re-deciding tank-mates after finding Honeys develop infections so easily after wounds) and moved her to a tank that I new was cleaner and had no chance of her being picked on/wounded. But several weeks later and the hole hasn't gone away. She got a bit lethargic at one point (by a "bit" I mean very slight, hardly noticeable) but perked up and has been acting healthy & hasn't developed any infection (which was my main worry). It's a very "clean" wound, hasn't gotten bigger, no fuzz etc.

However, when she takes in air, bubbles can go through the hole (and the hole is really clear to see through, though it's only on one side). Which is a bit freaky and a bit of a worry.

DSC_6352.jpg

I will have to try to get a clearer pic later (was trying to get pics of other fish at the time).

Edit to say that while it is a hole in the head, it doesn't have any symptoms of HitH.