Dogtooth with dems??

Zalawala

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience keeping demasonis with dog tooth afras, my afras came with the tank, there is one adult male rest are females. But I have always wanted demasoni and am wondering how they will go with each other being similar in colour with vertical stripes :/. I was hoping to get auratus, yellows, trewavase and rustys but of course if any one says that something won't work then yeah, they will be in a 300L corner tank with a lot of rock work and am aiming to overstock the tank to help reduce the aggression

I have large dogtooth male and Demasoni male in the same tank.

They dont fight each other. But I do have a lot of other fish. 20+ others.

So tank size is pretty important. Overstocking sometimes is the good way to avoid aggressive too.

For your tank size I wont worry too much. If you have 10+ other Cichlids around the same size then perfect.

Just be in mind when you get demasoni. Get 1 or get more than a dozen. They would busy chasing their own kind and barely look at dogtooth.

Good luck.

Cool thanks nice to know that they will be ok with each other. And yea I was going to get 10 dems, will this be enough? Any recommendations on stocking rates for the species I stated? I hope the fact that the tank is a corner tank won't restrict me as the fish won't have a decent distance to swim away from any dominant fish just rocks to dart through

Footprint size is very important for african cichlids.

But sometimes you can get away by putting a LOT of rocks in your tank. So it creates a LOT of hiding places.

300L is not a bad size. Just make sure a lot of hiding place in your tank.

I would go more than 10 dems... Actually I would suggest to have 15 + or even 20. The more the better and happier the dems.

Cheers