Gourami - columnaris? Please anything other than columnaris?

alexyay

After the assumed virus on my other girl, I had assumed this girl had caught it (around about a month ago). I couldn't seem to catch her, so I could only guess. Kept an eye on it - made sure it didn't get any bigger. Got home this weekend and saw some patches on my honey gourami female and I started to panic - I managed to catch her, and it's not pretty. It's been suggested to be parasitic - unsure what kind.

I don't believe it to be water conditions related, but for reference: GH 2-3, KH 0-2, pH varies but usually sits between 6.6-7.6. Ammonia and nitrite 0, I think my nitrate kit isn't showing accurate results. Stocking: 4 red whiptails, 2 indian banded gourami, 2 honey gourami, 1 female flagfish (oh, and one 3cm BN added a few days ago, it's been in QT for a couple of weeks first) - 120L tank, I do 40%-70% WCs every 5-7 days, I'm pretty anal about keeping this tank clean - it also has a peace lily on top, heavily planted etc.

I'll give some background in a sec.

Pics:

10435066_10203863047329847_599379187344354375_n.jpg?oh=19546c51f64e557dc32ece39610ed690&oe=549435FC

10648505_10203863048489876_6036906715756709528_o.jpg

Background:

I am so not having luck at the moment. My group of 5 american flagfish were struck with what seemed to be an internal parasite. Prazi cleared it up, it came back, cleared up again with Prazi. I lost 4/5 - 2 emaciated, 1 dropsy (unknown why), another a blockage of some kind.

I had a red honey gourami who came from the store with wounds. He's the suspect for introducing this internal parasite in the first place. The wounds started like this:

h722

and ended up like this:

h722

They were minor for weeks, but I tried to treat them with a melapima combo thinking they may have been fungal. I then tried Wunder tonic - never again. The infection quickly spread and ultimately killed him (just as I managed to get Furan 2). I assume it was bacterial.

My other female indian banded gourami had a virus-type infection which I posted here a while back. She had it for months, totally different symptoms to this so appears to be unrelated. The red honey gourami male seems to be somewhat similar, though.

This tank shares equipment with my other tanks but is the only one I've had issues with. I'm so tempted to just shut it down and restart it at the moment. It's heavily planted, aka medicating is a nightmare. I could transfer fish into a 70L for treatment if need-be, and figure out how I'm going to sterilize all the plants.