wow valliseria

Goldie

Having purchased some valliseria plants a month ago and planted them in the discus tank and given them some plant food I promptly forgot about them. Then today I noticed I had FLOWERS. Beautiful small white ones floating on the surface of the water. WOW :o so pretty I am amazed and the plants have all taken and are growing well.

Having purchased some valliseria plants a month ago and planted them in the discus tank and given them some plant food I promptly forgot about them. Then today I noticed I had FLOWERS. Beautiful small white ones floating on the surface of the water. WOW :o so pretty I am amazed and the plants have all taken and are growing well.

photo ?

Take a photo for Cees Goldie or he will be cross with you! :D

I have never seen Vallisneria flowering so would like to see it too. If you haven't a digital camera, send the photo to me and I will scan it.

BTW: I got my colour laser printer today!! YIPEEEEE!!!!

Caryl said...

> I have never seen Vallisneria flowering so would like to see it too.

If it's small white flowers that are easily bruised, I'd bet it

was Saggitaria rather than Vallisneria. Shops often get the

two confused. There are several species of each.

Andrew.

oh my I only have an ordinary camera with flash so will have to ask hubby to take a photo. The flowers are attached to a long green (thin round) stem. They are only blooming one at a time one opening as the other dies off. so far I have had the pleasure of watching three and there are still many buds to bloom. I will do my best to get a photo.