My 680 litre tank

Silverdollarboy2

• 2 months later...

You know that tank would look awesome with a few giant and a few more banded kokopu and some redfins...

But I'll let you get away with tropical with clowns and eartheaters. When I have the space for a large tropical I want a school of Geophagus altifrons/surinamensis

• 8 months later...

A bit of an update...whilst this tank looked real cool in it new location with two aqua one nautilus 2700 canister filters and two eheim jager 300 w heaters. It is with sadness that I have to report that we had to empty the tank due to an annoying leak.

Well we are embarking on a mission to remove the sealant around the base of this tank as it was apparently sealed by the former owner to seal up a undisclosed patched up crack.

Dad and I are now removing the sealant and all being well it will be re-sealed properly so I can reinstate my fish tank to its full former glory.

I have also rethought my stocking to include:

3 Silver dollars

4 spotted metynnis

4 - 6 clown loaches

2 Red hump Geophagus

Plus more if I see something I like 

Watch this space...

http://iforce.co.nz/i/corhyxhx.bos.jpg

http://iforce.co.nz/i/ou0gu513.3fp.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Normally it is best to take the tank completely apart, clean off every last scrap and glue it together again. Is there no one near you who would assist? Hawkes Bay has a club with a number of experienced fishkeepers in it.