Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish recommendations

Featured Replies

Ok,

Recently lost my electric blue JD; he had always been a very shy and timid fish and due to missing a water change through being out of twon and a secondary filter failure he took a turn for the worst and went within 12 hours of me noticing him not looking so good.

So, question is, what fish do you recommend I have a look at as a replacement?

Its a 375 litre tank with a large Sev, a female convict, loaches, some serpae tetras, BNs, a fire eel, BGK and a pictus (and some randoms from old tanks etc), heavily (or getting there) planted.

I'm really interested in a blue coloured cichlid that won't be put out by the the other two. The con can go if needed but the sev is the key fish. Thoughts? Not sure if I should try another ebjd due to the size of the sev, whereas the other had grown up with before, but the contrast in colour was really nice, and the price if it doesn't work out. I don't really have much of a grow out tank either due to space constraints of setting it up.

Thinking maybe blue acara (2?), a few kribs maybe? Gonna assume blue rams would just be a waste of time (and an expensive meal for something)

Thanks

  • Author
More pictus ?

Have been thinking that but not sure if that would just crowd the bottom layer too much, umming and ahhhing over getting a few more angelicus loaches and pass the pictus on to someone with a group.

  • Author
Hard to say, I thought I had 3males and then 2 of them were protecting eggs. I think the other is a male, I will let you know if I decide to sell it.

That would be awesome, here's hoping two pair up again soon

  • Author

On the (hopefully slim) chance that I can't get an electric blue acara, are there any other cichlids people would suggest?

How would a texas cichlid do temperament wise (assuming I don't get a jerk fish)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.