June 30, 201412 yr comment_551968 Painting my background good idea or not if so what sort of paint acrylic or oil based ? i was told painting glass is not a good idea as chemicals from paint eventually seaps threw ? is this true or not ? what about a product called plasti dip witch can be removed with no damage if this is an option i sell it at work but rep cant tell me if it will hurt anything. any help would be greatly appreciated .im building a marine tank if this makes any difference 450ltr. Report
June 30, 201412 yr comment_551970 I have just painted the background of my new tank with resene test pots, I found their paint sticks well to glass. I doubt it will leach any chemicals through glass. Report
June 30, 201412 yr comment_551972 I always used spray paint from a can. Assuming you are painting the outside of the glass it won't matter what sort you use. Report
June 30, 201412 yr comment_551975 Rubbish to glass letting chemicals through. I used acrylic paint and a roller on my tank. Took 5 coats to get a complete coverage. Report
June 30, 201412 yr comment_551980 . transferred it over to the thread in the saltwater section Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.