need a good SAT freeview recorder, what is available ?

To all the tech gurus out there. I would like to replace the bloody expensive mySky (they did increase the price again) with a freeview solution with similar possibilities. I would like to record two channels at once with the option to watch a third channel if necessary. I don't like ads, I like to record everything I am watching so I can skip the ads. what are my options ? MotoGP is on freeview, Formula 1 is boring nowadays and I will find an option to watch V8 Supercars live without paying Sky $90 something a month even I am living in NZ. hit me with your ideas and options, thank you.

You'll want a myFreeview set top box which are $300+

I actually have an Igloo box because it's actually pretty good for a standard freeview receiver and if I want there are the extras I can pay for and it's pretty cheap to buy, $120 from the warehouse. I don't know if it'll let you record and watch another channel, but you could phone and ask them.

other question. is there a reason why a SAT box bought in Europe with fast blind scan wouldn't work here in NZ ?

why am I asking you may wonder ? well the X-9200HD PVR costs here in NZ between NZ $749 and $769 while I could buy the same in Switzerland for CHF 299 (or NZ $395) and probably even cheaper somewhere else in Europe (would have to get it from Switzerland so I don't have to pay for shipping) :wink: yes I know, I probably have to pay GST and I have to change the power plug :roll: