Odd shaped tank stock options

camtang

I have been offered a tank, it is 1500x600x900(high) because of the height I am unsure what to do with it.

I have thought about cutting 200 from the top so it is more of a 'normal' height.

I also thought haps and peacocks but there may be to much empty bottom and mid to keep me happy.

I thought discus and a couple of plecs or half filing it and have some plants breaking the water and enjoying the humidity.

Any thoughts or other ideas/options

I have been offered a tank, it is 1500x600x900(high) because of the height I am unsure what to do with it.

I have thought about cutting 200 from the top so it is more of a 'normal' height.

I also thought haps and peacocks but there may be to much empty bottom and mid to keep me happy.

I thought discus and a couple of plecs or half filing it and have some plants breaking the water and enjoying the humidity.

Any thoughts or other ideas/options

I like the half filling it idea, with something like water lillies or other nice surface plants.

Fill it to the top add 120 neon tetra and 15 Peppered Cory and a small plec or two

I have pretty much done that in a different tank.

Get a painted turtle or go in for lizards.

Would it not be a pain in the bum to get them out of needs be? It was originally made as a turtle tank, so it currently has a ledge in the tank for a platform. I would be worried about the humidity because it would go into the fish room if I got it.

I did not think it was particularly safe at 10mm and I also queried the thickness as a well know tank builder in Nelson made it. I guess at the end of the day, the customer gets, what the customer wants.

I have not confirmed yet, so I have some time to ponder on what I can do with it but the half half planted idea is defiantly on the top of the list at this stage.

I did not think it was particularly safe at 10mm and I also queried the thickness as a well know tank builder in Nelson made it. I guess at the end of the day, the customer gets, what the customer wants.

I have not confirmed yet, so I have some time to ponder on what I can do with it but the half half planted idea is defiantly on the top of the list at this stage.

Yeah, that definitely makes it the best and about only option.

• 1 month later...