Aqua One AR620 - noisy...help??? (its 1am!!)

deinmuter

Hi all

Just upgraded our tank and making sure were doing things right as we are still amateurs, and im struggling with this new filter system..

We have bought an AR620 off TradeMe this weekend.

Gave it a mad clean (needed it!) and filled 30l with water from established tank, topped up with new water with Stress Coat and bottled start up bacteria.

New ceramic noodles, new carbon pads and sponges in the built in filter.

Coming from Juwel with an internal filter to this trickle filter, im finding it SOOOOO NOISY!

Is there a trick to making this quiet atall as i cant sleep wih the constant trickle... or shall i bite the bullet and buy an internal filter (thinking Juwel as we loved the system)

Help... i really struggle with sleep as it is and do NOT need this... :P

Thanks

Ed

Have you filled it right to the water line? Normally trickle filters can be filled high enough that there is little or no noise from the water falling.

Its silver in colour and about 1-2cm below the silver rim on glass? I can take photos tonight. Thete is also what looks like a slight break in the plastic from the second chamber.photos will help...

Here's the elusive little part which didn't come with the 2nd hand tank.

dglhbpvo.ssh.jpg

Now water is moving, fish are happier and I am getting sleep!

Thanks everyone :happy2:

PS - will be listing a Juwel Rekord 600 tank with accessories and quite new media (2 weeks old at most) on Private Trade and on TardMe.

Great condition. Keep an eye out should have photos up tonight once cleaned.