AquaNano 51L Reef... From start to finish!

samuel90

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need some salt water first, a heater to keep it warm. If you use a prawn to cycle it will create tn much ammonia that will render your rock no longer live

Yes have salt coming in the mail, getting some RO water tomorrow, and heater is already in there :)

Wonderworld usually has a-grade clowns like the babys we're growing are $140.

I have never seen tank bred picassos for sale in the country, but there will he some available soon;)

aquaworld have a pair. $600

Unfortunately I do not have a car :( haha

Shoulda bought a car first 8)

aquaworld have a pair. $600

Shoulda bought a car first 8)

Haha totally! only here temp so didn't see the need! Am moving to queens town in like 10 weeks so will get one down there :P

Am now thinking....perhaps I wait to get to queens town to set it up. I just don't wanna wait! haha

There's no point setting up a tank when you are moving within 3 months, especially that far! Dude you seriously need to start thinking ahead. Also just so you know there is no shop thay sells marine stock or equipment any closer than Christchurch so I hope you're prepared to get all your corals and livestock shipped to you?

There's no point setting up a tank when you are moving withing 3 months, especially that far! Dude you seriously need to start thinking ahead. Also just so you know there is no shop thay sells marine stock or equipment any closer than Christchurch so I hope you're prepared to get all your corals and livestock shipped to you?

Of course I am prepared for that. I buy everything online haha

Pointless even bothering with this tank really. If you are moving in 10 weeks time... May i ask how old are you?

hmmmmm pointless is a strong opinion, I am 24 and just getting everything ready for it now.... :/ Not sure what it has to do with anything.

Gives you time to get the bits together, a lidded bucket, battery air pump and heat pack taped to side will able transport live rock

haha nice! Nah I've just got a couple boxes of all the stuff I need, so I set it up down there. also gives me 10 weeks to save for an RO filter so I can just make my own :)

• 3 weeks later...
I meant true percs, not occys. True percs are generally harder to find especially locally bred ones.

cookieextreme on nzmas sells true percs he is who i got mine off, not hard to find just need to know where to ask haha

p.s this has gone well off topic now haha :smot: :smot: :smot: