Need some stocking ideas... tank seems super empty now.

Thr33Swords

Hi guys,

So yesterday I decided to rip 60% of the plants out of my tank because they grew faster than I could be bothered trimming them (which is odd for a low tech tank, haha), and because I wanted to change the scenery in the tank a bit, focussing on large broad leaf plants. This is what it looked like after finishing the replanting last night (the tank is 500 litres btw):

1908232_10152308476738464_1815755124_n.jpg?oh=41f1c85b8e3e49bdd5633feb9c51151b&oe=53975246&__gda__=1403192620_95d6be409bef6389fac9481805e3bff2

Anyway, as you can see from that photo, the tank looks rather... empty now. Here's what I have in there at the moment:

6 x red phantom Tetras

4 x Angel Fish

2 x yellow Gourami

1 x Pearl Gourami

1 x Opaline Gourami

4 x Bristlenose Pleco's

1 x Siamese Algae Eater

I had some neon tetra's, but the Angel's thought they were a nice snack so I got rid of them. All the other fish in the tank get along very well, and I have even had the red phantoms breed in there before. The angels sometimes have a go at each other, but they never attack or chase anything else.

So, what I want to do now is add more fish to the tank and make it look more alive and fill the empty space. So far I know for sure that I want to add another Pearl Gourami, another Opaline Gourami and some more Red Phantoms, but what I really want to do is add some more variety as well.

So, question time:

Can anyone recommend some fish that could do well in my tank? Specifically I am after fish that aren't yellow or red-ish in colour, as I already have a lot of those. I would love something with some blue hue's.

Thank you!