Aqua one 380 tank. Do I need poly?

karina

I am getting my aqua one 380 tank back from a family member as they have lost interest. Although this was totally expected.

I'll have no stand so was going to sit it on the kitchen bench as there's heaps of space.

Should I put poly underneath? I'm thinking it might help with vibrations from the bench.

Thoughts please.

Cheers.

You have a kitchen bench with heaps of space??? :o

We had a 3ft tank on our bench island years ago - bowed the whole bench so we could not shut the cupboards underneath. We thought it would be ok with the cupboard divider giving central support but it wasn't enough. Not as small as your tank though so I am sure you will not have the same problem, depending on which part of the bench you place the tank, and what is underneath.

I would put poly underneath. Makes it easier to move the tank if you need to slide it a bit for any reason (to get at something dropped behind, wipe up a spill etc)

Lol Caryl yes I have a kitchen with a large bench top. Plus I don't like clutter.

Ron the tank is 7 years old so well out of its warranty I think :)

I just hope I get the tank back with no scratches on the glass like it was when I gave it to them 2 years ago.