High crested water dragons

snookie

definitely much variation in crest/spike size and number. quennsland x wds generaly got bigger crest n less spines but spines bigger n more white shark tooth like. nsw type got wavy crest with less hight n smaller but more blue shark looking spines. queensland wds also generaly have a muddyer red belly as apposed to nsw fire engine red belly.queensland wds also have yellow stripes on throat or white purple, some times pink or red variegated stripes as well .queensland generaly got 5 ta 7 white to yellow or pink spots down the length of body as well. im basing this on bush crashing in south Sydney national park when I was 18 many many years ago! and bush crashing in and around sunshine coast and inland when visiting me bro over the last couple of years. im sure you only got to go 100 ks in any direction to find a new local colour type.

also huge crest size variations e.c.t within local populations. ill have a go at posting some pics from me last visit.

but couldn't find any reference to large crest on that tm listing written or after looking at the pics. maby they changed thr text.

Either way your on the money about people trying to start a new so called morph/thing with the big crest. :dunno: