Peacock / Hap tank

POWER77

Hows the search going? Pupuke has some taiwan reefs. They real nice for there size. Will be good show fish when they get bigger.

I have a big male lab for sale if your after 1.

and would be great if you could let me know if you find some red empress. Keen to start a breeding colony of them.

cheers.

Cool thanks. Will do the same. Will be starting my show tank soon too so would be good if maby I could get some help locating some peacocks. And if you ever have any extra males for sale would be great if you could let me know.

cheers :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Everything's going good so far. As you'd expect a couple fish being more dominant than the rest (pink dragons blood and Lwanda) but nothing serious. The group of dems looks really good in there and they keep to themselves.

Recent additions are a juvie Polystigma, cobalt blue and coral red. Happy with the current mix and setup just want to add abit more colour still. Also am going to get rid of the two Eheim 2012 internals and the Aqua One 1200 and just run a FX5 but that will be a few weeks away.

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

New coral red on the right.

IMG_4233.jpg

Two Black Calvus, just picked up today. Hoping the first is male and second female. May add in when they get abit bigger.

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

Having to control myself from adding more of these :)

IMG_4215.jpg

Nice fish Sam,

Is the coral red the same as the firefish? Im always left confused with the common names.

Cheers Greg, not too sure. Those names are just what I got them as. The two I have are definitely different as the coral has more white to it and the dragons blood is slightly darker with a brighter face. Both awesome fish, they really stand out against the blues of the others (am going to add another at some stage).

It does look similar to the fire fish on the net but I guess time will tell as they still have a bit of growing to do.

Nice looking tank mate.

Thought I will clear some of the confusion.

Firefish/Pink Dragon blood - They look pink in colour and have a blue/silver shine to them. Females are white.

Orange dragon blood some also refer to this as firefish - same as pink but orange. Females are orange.

Coral Red - More of a solid colour compared to the other when they are older. They look like albino Ruby red without the red eyes. Females are yellow.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice looking tank mate.

Thought I will clear some of the confusion.

Firefish/Pink Dragon blood - They look pink in colour and have a blue/silver shine to them. Females are white.

Orange dragon blood some also refer to this as firefish - same as pink but orange. Females are orange.

Coral Red - More of a solid colour compared to the other when they are older. They look like albino Ruby red without the red eyes. Females are yellow.

Thanks rcon. Learned. :gpo2:

• 4 months later...
bit off topic but hows the tank going?

Tanks going great, much better than I ever expected.

I think the key has been the number of fish and that there are no fish that are bigger than all the others. At the moment there is not one that sticks out as the "boss" and all seem to be very chilled. I did have issues with the largest Dragonsblood, I think because he was one of the original fish in there and had already long setup camp when about 30 others arrived. But took him out for three weeks and since hes gone back in has been fine.

The only concern now is my Lemon Jake looks like hes getting a hard time. But no matter how long I sit and watch no one seems to be chasing or being aggressive towards him at all its more like he sits still mid water and all others swim around completely ignoring him.

I will try post an update with current stock list and pictures this weekend... weather dependent of course!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so it’s been just over 5 months since they went in and all is going well. Believe it or not there is now 60 fish in there! When I’m done there will be 79, so I am looking for a bigger tank before the last 19 go in.

Current stocking list:

PEACOCKS

x1 Aulonocara haensbaenschi

x1 Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Otter Point

x1 Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Eureka Red

x1 Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Eureka Red ALBINO

x1 Aulonocara sp. "Orange Dragon’s Blood"

x1 Aulonocara sp. "Pink Dragon’s Blood"

x1 Aulonocara sp. "Coral Red"

x1 Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda"

x1 Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Undu Reef) "Lemon Jake"

x1 Aulonocara baenschi