Photos Please!

Pies

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is there to try and keep the sand in one place, does not work, it is not setup well at the moment as I'm moving. Everything is just sitting blowing in the wind.

Will be a little differnt but looking differnt... and yes the rock will be gone.

Question..... turn down the current and keep the sand or @#$#$%% the sand?

What does everone else do?

I have a PH on the opposite side to try and help but the tunze has too much grunt and I can't afford two.

Also want a night sensor for this pump if anyone has one.

What is faux sand bottom?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392144&highlight=faux+sand+bed

There are quite a few threads on RC about faux sand beds. I think this is one of the first. Basically, it is just an epoxy mixed with sand that is attached to starboard (cutting board). It gives you the sand look without the nightmare of sand drifts, bare spots, etc... that is quite hard to avoid with high flow.

The downer is that (as with almost all BB) coraline growth will start to cover the bottom over time, and you won't see the nice sand bottom unless you scape it off, lucky enough to have an urchin to eat it off, etc... I will deal with that hurdle once it becomes a problem.

Yay my hairy mushrooms have finished splitting up. They have gone from 1 to 2 and then to 6.

Time to move them around the tank to fill in all the empty spaces.

Tried putting the pulsing xenia back in the tank but the bicolour angel goes straight to it :(

Need to find more things to put on the rocks :)

Chimera,

I got the little guy from Hollwood, he only comes out after lights out unless he hungery. When he's hungery I can hand feed him bits of shrimp.

My blue tang like to get a scrach from him / her (who knows) back in to him, quite cool.

I used to have a pair of coral banded. They were great. Walked around the tank bottom all day. The male would find food and take it to the female. When she did we got another female but they never acted the same. She was very shy so they hid a lot more. The male took on a little lobster I had and lost one front claw. Still went back for more. Gave up when he had lost both big claws and all but one leg on one side.